Individualized interpreter training program
What is the meaning of IEP?
It is a written statement for each individual with a disability that is developed, reviewed, and revised in accordance with Title 42 USC Section 1414(d).
Individualized Education Program Interpreter
Working toward a common goalEach interpreter training program will include:
Unit 1 - Interpreter techniques, interpreter ethics & cultural awareness
Unit 2 - Introduction to specific terms used in the educational field (Spanish/English)
Unit 3 - English/Spanish vocabulary awareness and review as it refers to medical/psychological situations
Unit 4 - Common expressions and terminology used in IEP
- Practical role-play sessions relating to actual IEP meetings in Arizona will be provided in class.
- This course is offered to groups of school staff who wishto have their current interpreters trained in technique and Code of Interpreterethics.
- We travel to the District Offices to provide this training.
- All applicants must be fluent in English & Spanish to be accepted into thetraining course.
- We can provide quotes and schedules for this customized IEPtraining course upon request.